Testing for carbon monoxide is important for the safety and health of everyone in the home. Carbon monoxide is a gas that can be found in your home. It can be odorless, tasteless, and also difficult to detect by anyone. To help prevent carbon monoxide in your home, you will want to invest in a carbon monoxide detector for your home. This is the most efficient and effective way to have the home tested for carbon monoxide gas. You can also contact us, and we can recommend where and what to buy to help protect you and your family.

There are several different sources that can cause carbon monoxide in your home. Some are things you may not use until the winter months, but others can be used now. Any gas space heaters or gas stoves can be a main cause of carbon monoxide poisoning. You should also be aware of furnaces, chimneys, generators, gasoline powered equipment, or even back drafting can be other issues. If you are not sure if the areas are properly working, make sure to contact us and we can inspect them for you. We can also check the carbon monoxide detectors for you as well.

When you have a gas space heater, you will want to make sure that it is properly vented. This is the same for all gas appliances as well. Doing so will help allow enough space so that carbon monoxide does not build up. You will also want to make sure that all space heaters are less than twenty feet from a door, window, or other vent source. This will help ensure it can air out properly rather than going into your home. Also make sure to check the chimney and furnace as well. Check the chimney to make sure that it is not being blocked. Carbon monoxide can build up if the chimney is blocked.