Greater Rochester Area

507-282-4328

Twin Cities Metro

952-697-4328

Serving the Greater Rochester Area and the Twin Cities since 1988

K & S Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing, LLC BBB Business Review

Knowing what Carbon Monoxide is

 

Carbon monoxide is a clear but toxic, odorless, flammable gas that results when carbon does not completely combust. There is no taste, which makes it even more difficult to detect during carbon monoxide leaks. The most common culprit for carbon monoxide leaks is the internal combustion engine in addition to some furnaces and ovens. It is very dangerous to those who breathe it in because it pushes out oxygen from the blood, taking its place.

According to research, carbon monoxide poisoning is more common during the fall and winter. This is due to the increased use of heaters, generators and gas furnaces. There are a number of symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, most of which are also symptoms of illnesses. Some of the more common symptoms could include:

  • Headache
  • Nausea
  • Dizziness
  • Shortness of breath
  • Loss of muscle control or consciousness
  • Chest Pain
  • Fatigue
  • Flu-like symptoms
  • Confusion
  • Depression
  • Hallucinations
  • Abdominal pain
  • Fainting

If you ever experience symptoms that indicate a possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning it is important not to ignore them. If these symptoms are experienced at work, ensure that your employer is made aware of them. If these symptoms are experienced at home, consult a doctor with your concerns.

Testing the air quality is a great way to know if you have carbon monoxide. A detector is the most recommended method, but you can also contact us, and we can inspect the air quality in the home for you.

 

K&S has been your trusted Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical partner since 1988.

Count on our unmatched Experience and the Quality you know from K&S