Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas. It is so dangerous because it is clear, odorless, and only can be detected with a carbon monoxide detector in your home. There is no taste, which makes it even more difficult to detect during carbon monoxide leaks. A furnace that is not properly maintained can cause carbon monoxide in your home. It is very dangerous to those who breathe it in because it pushes out oxygen from the blood, taking its place.

It is the most common to see carbon monoxide poisoning during the fall and winter. This is due to the increased use of heaters, generators and gas furnaces. There are a number of symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, most of which are also symptoms of illnesses. Some of the more common symptoms could include symptoms like headaches, nausea, dizziness, and shortness of breath. You might also have flu like symptoms and a chance of confusion as well. If you are feeling faint or having abdominal pains, you may want to test the air in your home for carbon monoxide.

If you have any of these symptoms, make sure to go to the doctor and not ignore them. If these symptoms are experienced at work, ensure that your employer is made aware of them. If these symptoms are experienced at home, consult a doctor with your concerns.

Testing the air quality is a great way to know if you have carbon monoxide. A detector is the most recommended method, but you can also contact us, and we can inspect the air quality in the home for you.